Thursday 22 March 2007

Catalogues, Databases, Internet!

Alrighty then, I've been thinking about what i should do my essay on...and considering this subject is all about technologies and communications...I am thinking about doing my essay on MSN Messenger as it is a very popular (particularly in teens) form of new communication.

It was VERY hard to find 3 academic articles that related to my chosen topic, as a lot of the library databases didnt have much information on CURRENT technologies...so i just did some further research through yahoo, google and other databases.

I did however find some ABC Four Corners transcipts and other broadcasting reports that had stories on MSN Messenger, and its affects on young children and communication. I found there were also a lot of articles on the web discussing the contorversy between MSN Messenger and other chat rooms, the costs and consequences of this programs, and certain articles praising these online communication tools, and others bad-mouthing these programs.

Researching information on this topic has been helpful as i found that there is a lot of controversial issues that if need be, i can include and argue for or against in my essay if i wish to do so. There is a lot of information on the web about MSN Messenger and other similart chat rooms, so there should be enough resources to cover some good content :)

I'll be back in 3 weeks time to complete the other tutorial tasks...
Wish me luck in my swimming nationals :)

No comments: