Wednesday 21 March 2007

Search Engines

Search engines - in my own understanding - are websites that allow you to type in keywords to find information on the net as links to other relevant websites. Different search engines have different ways of ranking their results, some search engines allow you to choose how you would like to rank your results (eg. by most updates, most looked at, etc). Yahoo, for example, ranks its results by determining relevancy though analyzing keyword location, frequency and through other methods. My personal favourite search engines are Google, yahoo and Ninemsn...Google because its the one i use the most, its easy to use, it corrects spelling errors, and seems pretty reliable. I use yahoo only when i cannot find the enough answers from google, and i use ninemsn only because it is my home page.

I searched for current news on search engines, and found a lot about Google and how it searches for 'quality not quanitity'. But apart from that, there didnt seem to be much about the search engines in general, just what the search engines are finding as results etc.

3 comments:

Mitch said...

thanks for all your help ay. I really appreciate it! You are fair mad ay. I like you. You are real nice to me. yay.

Ill see you, when i look at you i guess.

Mitch (creep across the room)

Mitch said...

hahaha.

You can swim better than me probs. Maybe i shouldnt say that too loud!?

Ha ha ha

la la la


MC Creep

Bozzie said...

oi hectic speech on writing for the web good effort..u said it was gona be bad an that u had no idea an it was awesome...made others look not soo good lol.